Table of Content
- 1 10 Natural Home Remedies for the Treatment of Jaundice
- 1.1 Lemons for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
- 1.2 Sugarcane for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
- 1.3 Barley for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
- 1.4 Turmeric for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
- 1.5 Ginger for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
- 1.6 Raddish for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
- 1.7 Tomato for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
- 1.8 Almonds for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
- 1.9 Carrots for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
- 1.10 Licorice for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
- 1.11 Do’s in Treatment of Jaundice
- 1.12 Dont’s in Treatment of Jaundice
10 Natural Home Remedies for the Treatment of Jaundice
Treatment of Jaundice – Most often jaundice occur in babies generally immediately after birth though it can also occur in adults. Its most important cause is increased level of yellow bile pigments which are called bilirubin. These pigments are formed in babies during natural processing of breakdown of old and damaged red blood cells.
These are usually expelled out of the body by liver but when liver cannot do so, the level of bilirubin in blood rises and causes jaundice. Jaundice are of different types and can be due to many causes like infections, some medicines and other medical conditions such as blood disorders, gallstones, hepatitis, pancreatic cancer etc.
This condition can be a symptom of problem with liver, pancreas or kidney. Some common symptoms of jaundice are yellowing of skin, eyes, tongue and urine. Depending on these causes other symptoms may include fatigue, headache, fever, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, weight loss, abdominal pain, skin itching and pale colored stools.
Jaundice can be treated at home by following 10 natural home remedies. These stimulate liver functioning and help in flushing out bile pigments from the body.
Today I am going to share 10 natural home remedies which can cure jaundice easily at home.
Lemons for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
Lemons have liver healing properties which help in the treatment of jaundice. Being diuretic in nature, lemons enhance urine production, so that harmful products including bilirubin get eliminated from body. They stimulate liver’s bile production and boost mineral absorption.
Drink mixture of one glass of water and half lemon’s juice. 2-3 times a day or, boil 10 lemons leaves in one glass of water for 5 minutes. Strain it and drink this thrice a day. It helps in in the treatment of Jaundice.
Sugarcane for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
Sugarcane is also a popular remedy for treating jaundice. During jaundice, there is sudden drop in glucose level. The easily digestive sugar found in sugarcane helps keep your energy level high and ensures fast recovery. Also, sugarcane is completely alkaline in natural and therefore maintains low acid levels in your body, this keeps the body hydrated.
Make a glass of sugarcane juice and squeeze half lemon into it. Drink this juice 2-3 times a day for well hydrated body. Or, you can have one cup of sugarcane juice with one spoon of basil level paste twice daily. Sugarcane juice is one of the best cures of rheumatoid arthritis and in hepatitis c.
Barley for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
Barley is an effective remedy for jaundice. It acts as diverter and helps wash away harmful toxins as well as billirubin out of the body
Add one cup of barley to 3 liters of water. Boil it at low flame for some hours and allow it to cool. Drink five glasses of this water daily.
Or, mix one spoon of roasted barley powder in one cup of water and add one spoon of honey in it. Drink this twice a day to get good results.
Turmeric for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
Turmeric has curcumin compound that helps in the liver detoxification process. Curcumin prevent alcohol and other harmful toxins from damaging the liver. Also, its medicinal and healing properties help in faster recovery.
Mix one quarter spoon of turmeric powder in a glass of warm water. Drink this two three times a day or, you can mix one spoon of turmeric powder, fresh lemon juice, one pinch of cayenne pepper and one spoon of honey in one cup of warm water. Drink this once a day for few weeks to get back to healthy life.
Ginger for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
Ginger is a natural detoxifier and also protects liver from different functioning of stomach. Extract juice from a small piece of ginger. Mix half spoon of this juice with one spoon of mint juice and lime juice. Add one spoon of honey in it. Consume this 3-4 times a day.
Raddish for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
Raddish are very good for liver and therefore helps in treatment for jaundice. Moreover, they act as powerful detoxifier to purify the blood and eliminate harmful toxins including bilirubin from body. Both raddish and raddish leaves can be used in treatment of jaundice. Extract juice from some fresh raddish leaves. Drink one glass of raddish and raddish leaf juice together twice a day for 10 days to see the result.
You can dd one spoon of crushed basil leaves in it. Or, eat fresh reddish in salad daily in lunchtime. You can also make a soup of it. You can take juice and salad before evening and you can take soup anytime which suits you.
Tomato for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
Tomato has excess of lycopene which protects liver from any kind of damage and ensures fast recovery. Moreover, tomato acts as potent detoxifier which means it eliminates toxic substances from body. Boil five tomatoes in one half glass of water for 10-15 minutes. Remove the skin of extract juice by pressing them in cloth. Add a pinch of pepper add salt to juice. Drink one glass of this juice every morning 1 hour before breakfast for 15 days.
Almonds for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
Almonds helps in removing waste from blood, fight infection and play important role in supporting healthy liver functioning. Also, almonds are rich in nutrients like fiber, riboflavin, magnesium, iron and calcium that are good for liver. Soak 8 almonds with three dates and three small cardamoms in water overnight. In the morning remove the peels and seeds from dates. Make the paste of all these by grinding them. Mix one spoon of sugar and one spoon of butter in it. Consume this mixture once a day for 15 days for proper health recovery.
Carrots for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
Carrots are also very useful for jaundice treatment. It helps in cleaning the liver and repairs the damages. Moreover, it has excess of beta-carotene which is converted into vitamin A by our body. Vitamin A is essential for strong immune system and faster, recovery. Drink one glass of carrot juice daily for healthy liver. You can also use carrot as salad or vegetable.
Licorice for the Treatment of Jaundice:-
Licorice is considered as good liver detoxifier. It can remove toxic metabolic substances from body by increasing livers ability to filter out these harmful wastes.
Mix one spoon crushed licorice and rock salt. Take this along with water twice daily for 15 days. Or, boil one spoon of licorice powder and ginger powder in one half cup of water. Allow it cool for 10 minutes. Add one spoon of lemon juice in it. Do this daily for several days.
Above home remedies help a lot in treating jaundice. Along with these, consult a doctor and do exercise. Also, go for a walk in fresh air.
Do’s in Treatment of Jaundice
- Drink filtered or warm/ boiled water.
- Eat food those are rich in calcium and other minerals such as magnesium and iron.
- Eat vegetables and fruits in raw or in steamed form. Besides, you can also drink fresh fruits and vegetables juices/soups. (avoid packed juices).
- Sweet potatoes, Grapes, nuts are very beneficial in jaundice.
- Take proper rest. It energize and boost your bodies energy level.
- Increase the quantity of bitter vegetables like bitter gourd and the bitter varieties of drumsticks.
- Eat simple homemade food especially on the first three days of jaundice.
- Take vegetable salad prepared from carrot, tomato, radish with leaves, and include 2-3 slices of lemon in it.
Dont’s in Treatment of Jaundice
- Avoid consuming fried, oily and spicy foods.
- Do not take carbohydrate rich foods, they may worsen the health condition.
- Avoid chocolate, cakes, potato chips, pastries, ice-creams and cold drink.
- Stay away from sea foods, until and unless you are sure that they are from a reliable shops/persons or sources.
- Avoid drinking tea, coffee, alcohol, and non-pasteurized milk.
- Avoiding pulses for few days would be good.
- Avoid taking non-vegetarian foods for sometime till the aftereffects of jaundice remain visible on the skin.
- Use less salt or not as in this situation it is difficult to digest it.
Note:- Be careful that these home remedies speedup the recovery from jaundice but consult the doctor about using home remedies too and the exact reason behind jaundice and have proper treatment. Also, take rest, do exercise and get fresh air for immediate relief and good results.
So friends, these were the 10 fruits, vegetables and other eating products which can cure the jaundice easily at home only. These home remedies are one of the best residential treatment. I am sure that you love my health informatics articles about health care.