Table of Content
- 1 Review of 25 High Fiber Foods for Children’s that Parents Should Know
- 1.1 Raspberries for High Fiber:-
- 1.2 Avocados for High Fiber:-
- 1.3 Green Peas for High Fiber:-
- 1.4 Lentils for High Fiber:-
- 1.5 Oatmeal for High Fiber:-
- 1.6 Corn for High Fiber:-
- 1.7 White Beans for High Fiber:-
- 1.8 Black Beans for High Fiber:-
- 1.9 Edamame for High Fiber:-
- 1.10 Artichoke for High Fiber:-
- 1.11 Broccoli for High Fiber:-
- 1.12 Apples for High Fiber:-
- 1.13 Almonds for High Fiber:-
- 1.14 Barley for High Fiber:-
- 1.15 Versatile Veggies for High Fiber:-
- 1.16 Papaya and other Fruit with Edible Skin:-
- 1.17 Brown Rice for High Fiber:-
- 1.18 Dry fruits/ Nuts for High Fiber:-
- 1.19 Popcorn for High Fiber:-
- 1.20 Sprouts for High Fiber:-
- 1.21 How much fiber is good for children’s?
- 1.22 Know about the health benefits of rich fiber foods for children’s.
- 1.23 Read the below-written list of health benefits of rich fiber foods.
Review of 25 High Fiber Foods for Children’s that Parents Should Know
High fiber foods for children’s helps to maintain the digestive system of your baby working well. Almost all the children’s do not like to fruits and vegetables. Children’s love to eat high-fat diet, sweets and other foods those are low in fiber.
But there are various types of food which children’s can love to eat and can get fiber naturally. Make a habit to include the good amount of fluids and high fiber diet in your children’s diet every day.
If you want to know about those foods then you should read this entire article. This article will help you a lot to understand about the diet which you have to give to your children’s. These 25 fiber diets are safe and highly effective.
Raspberries for High Fiber:-
Raspberries are rich in high fiber more than other fruits. One half of a cup can give 4 gram of fiber. This fruit is rich in vitamin C and antioxidant. Raspberries are also a good source of potassium. Strawberries, apricots, pears, plums, and apples are the good source of fiber. Eating these fruits regularly can help you and your child’s a lot.
Avocados for High Fiber:-
Avocados are highly rich fiber food which is very good for toddlers. 1/4th of the piece contains 4.230 grams of fiber and 90 calories. Avocados are also a good source of vitamin E, potassium, folate and mono-saturated fat (which is good for the heart too).
Green Peas for High Fiber:-
Again green peas are also a good source of fiber. A half cup of peas contains 65 calories and 4.5 gram of fiber in it. Green peas are also a good source of zinc, potassium, iron, protein, vitamin A, B, C and K. These peas also include high antioxidants. Turnips, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and carrots are also the good option of green peas which are high in fiber.
Lentils for High Fiber:-
Lentils are one the good high fiber food for toddlers. A quarter cup serving of lentils contains 60 calories and 4 grams of fiber. Lentils are a source of high protein like potassium, iron, magnesium, zinc and vitamin B. it is low in fat. Dried beans and peas are comparatively working same as lentils because they have nutritional value and fiber content too.
Oatmeal for High Fiber:-
Oats are a natural source of high fiber, iron, protein, complex carbohydrates, zinc, and thiamine. As per USDA oats are containing 4 grams of fiber and 167 calories of a regular cup. Oats contain a high amount of vitamins and minerals. Brown rice and whole grain pasta are the sources of dietary fiber too.
Corn for High Fiber:-
Corn is a good source of high fiber and also low in calories. You can get 2 grams of the kernel from a cup of corn. Corn is easy to digest and children’s will surely love to eat them.
White Beans for High Fiber:-
White beans are not just a good source of high fiber. It is also a good source of iron and protein. These beans are also a great source of nutritional potassium. A bowl of white beans can cover 25 percent of the daily requirement which helps in fighting with hypertension.
Black Beans for High Fiber:-
Black beans are a good source of filling fiber, protein, diseases fighting antioxidants and various types of minerals and vitamins. These black beans can save from diabetes, weight gain, heart diseases, certain cancer and from common nutrient deficiencies.
Edamame for High Fiber:-
Edamame is a young soya bean which is harvested early. It contains vitamin C, fiber, calcium, protein, and various other nutrients. A cup of 150 gram contains 8.1 gram of dietary fiber.
Artichoke for High Fiber:-
Artichokes are very high and rich source of fiber. It helps in fighting with crucial numerous functions of the body. Artichokes are rich in silymarin and antioxidants which helps in the improvement of the liver. You can found 7.2 grams of fiber in a half cup of artichokes. It helps in detoxifying the body and removes cholesterol toxins and sugar from the body.
Broccoli for High Fiber:-
I am sure that those are eating broccoli already knows that these are good for toddlers and youngsters. Broccoli contains a good quantity of fiber. Broccoli is loaded with vitamin C & K, B vitamins, folate, iron, potassium, manganese, antioxidants, and cancer-fighting nutrients.
Apples for High Fiber:-
Apples are one of the tastiest and most satisfying fruits in the world which you can eat. This is one of the fruit which is also high in fiber and all the children’s and other peoples love to eat it. A single normal apple contains around 4.5 gram of fiber.
Almonds for High Fiber:-
Almonds are one of the very popular dry fruit. It is high in vitamin E, magnesium, protein, manganese, healthy fats and many nutrients. 100 grams of almonds contains 12.5 grams of fiber and 680 calories.
Barley for High Fiber:-
Barley used in whiskey and beer but it is also a good source fiber which is good for toddlers. It also contains magnesium, niacin, antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals which also help in the problem of diabetes and heart diseases.
Versatile Veggies for High Fiber:-
There is no doubt that vegetables are the rich source of natural fiber. You should give at least 2 cups of vegetables to your child daily. Carrots, radish, onions can be used in a salad for lunch.
Whole Grains for High Fiber:-
Whole grains or whole grains wheat bread boosts the high fiber in your toddler’s diet. Add whole grain in your children’s food for at least once a day. This whole grain can be found in cereals and rice too. It helps in lower the risk of stroke, heart diseases obesity and type 2 diabetes.
Prunes for High Fiber:-
Prunes are rich in vitamin A, fiber and potassium. It is good in the treatment or for the cure of constipation. Prunes contain natural laxative names sorbitol which is very effective in the problem of constipation. If you are not getting prunes anywhere than dry plums is the option or prunes. It has both soluble and insoluble fiber which helps in fighting with diseases.
Pears for High Fiber:-
Pears is one of the best natural laxatives which helps in easing the movement of stool through intestines. A single pear has 5.5 gram of dietary fiber. It is an excellent source of vitamin C. You can offer ripe pears or sweet pears or fresh juice to your toddlers and children’s.
Peaches for High Fiber:-
Fresh or dried peaches are a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin A and C, potassium. Peach can tantalize your toddler’s tiny taste buds in a healthy way.
A Fig for High Fiber:-
This fruit fig is an excellent source of high fiber. Fig helps in to soften the stool and helps in the problem of constipation. It is good in taste, you should give this fruit to your young toddlers occasionally.
Papaya and other Fruit with Edible Skin:-
Papaya has amazing laxative content which helps in constipation. It is a good source of vitamin A which is good for eyes too. Cut pears, apples, and peaches and squeeze their juice. These fruits can stick between teeth, so it is better to drink the juice of them.
Brown Rice for High Fiber:-
White rice is low in fiber and can create a stone problem in kidney or gallbladder. So it is better to use brown rice which has a good quantity of high fiber and healthier all over.
Brown rice contains more fiber than white rice. One plate of brown rice contains 3.5 grams of fiber. So it is good to add brown rice to your children’s diet. Yes, it takes more time than white rice to cook, but these rice worth wait a bit longer.
Dry fruits/ Nuts for High Fiber:-
Almonds, raisins and dried figs help your child to come out from the problem of constipation. Add dry fruits in cereals, food and in rice for better taste. Around 15 grams of dry fruits contains 3 grams of fiber and around 165 grams of calories. Do not eat them more as it is high in calories too which can make your child obese.
Popcorn for High Fiber:-
Strictly avoid potato chips and French fries. You should add popcorn to your children’s diet. It is high in fiber and helps in constipation too. 1 cup serving of popcorn contains 4 grams of fiber which is good for your young growing baby. Avoid adding cheese and butter in it, just make it simple and plain. You can make it easily at home in a microwave oven.
Sprouts for High Fiber:-
Sprouts are not just a high in fiber. It also contains vitamin B complex and vitamin C which works as an immunity booster. Longer the sprouts, more nutritious they will be. Add lemon, Epson salt for a better taste of sprouts. Sprouts help in reducing weight, blood pressure, cancer cells, heart diseases, clean liver and more.
How much fiber is good for children’s?
You can check the detail information which is written below about nutritional requirements needed for children’s of different age groups:-
- 19 grams of fiber daily is enough for toddlers of the age between 1year to 3 years old
- 25 grams of fiber daily is enough for Children’s between the age group of 4 years -8 years.
- 26 grams of fiber daily is enough for Children’s between the age group of 9 years -13 years.
- 38 grams of fiber daily is enough for Children’s between the age group of 14 years -18 years.
- Click here to read:- 5 Common Mistakes of Parents Which Cause Loss of Appetite in Children
Know about the health benefits of rich fiber foods for children’s.
Fiber plays a role of the medium in the healthy digestive functioning. It helps to remove toxic waste from the body and helps in easing the bowel movement. Fiber-rich foods discourage overeating and help your children’s appetite. Fiber also helps in reducing the risk of heart diseases, digestive disorders, cancer, and diabetes.
Read the below-written list of health benefits of rich fiber foods.
- Fiber prevents from gallstones, hemorrhoids, and irritable bowel syndrome. Researchers and doctors also say that taking high fiber diet helps in reducing the risk of GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disorder) and ulcer problem in children’s.
- Research also shows that adding fiber in your diet can prevent from cancers of the mouth, pharynx, stomach and colorectal.
- Consuming dietary fiber on regular basis helps in to regulate your children’s bowel movement. It helps in passing the stool easily. Fiber also prevents diarrhea and the problem of constipation.
- Taking fruits on regular basis helps to reduce the cholesterol level. Eating fruits boost the health of the heart which reduces the risk of type 2 diabetes (in children’s), stroke and heart diseases (in young children’s).
Adding fiber to your children’s diet does not mean to fill your children’s plate with fruits, grains, and vegetables only. Check the list below and you can make a diet chart for your children’s like this.
- You can include fiber-rich cereals in the daily breakfast of your children’s.
- You can add lentils of beans in pizza, salad or in soups.
- Avoid white flour bread and use whole wheat bread and grains for children’s.
- You can add oat bran, wheat bran or ground flax in making different types of baking dishes.
- Garnish yogurt or salad with nuts or with dry fruits.
- Add fiber-rich vegetables in your children’s diet. Because vegetables are a rich source of nutrients and low in the calories which boost the overall growth of the children’s body.
- Encourage your children’s from an early age to eat fruits, vegetables and drink soups and juices.
I am sure the above health article will help your children to get rid of the problem of constipation. If you find that these suggestions are not working for your child than it is better to consult the doctor as soon as possible.
If you find that I forget to add something which is important for this article than you can share your suggestions with me in the comment section.